List of active policies
|Terms and Conditions - September 2023
- Definitions: Kentalis International Foundation is a subsidiary of Stichting Koninklijke Kentalis, providing online education and services.
- Applicability: The terms and conditions apply to all online courses, services, and products offered.
- Registration: Participants enroll after the client signs an agreement and pays the course fee. Inappropriate behavior may lead to revoked access.
- Cancellation: Courses can be rescheduled if participant numbers are low. Cancellation is allowed only in cases of serious illness or calamity.
- Certification: Certificates are issued after course completion and payment. Requirements for certification may include attendance and performance criteria.
- Payment: All payments are part of a binding agreement between the client and Kentalis. Individual participants are not expected to pay.
- Liability: Kentalis is liable only for direct damages and within the limits of its insurance coverage.
- Data Protection: Complies with EU General Data Protection Regulation. Personal data is used for enrollment and service improvement.
Please read the complete document for a clearer explanation of the terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions for use online learning environment Kentalis International Foundation
1. Article 1 – Definitions
The following terms have the stated meaning:
• Terms and conditions: these terms and conditions.
• Stichting Koninklijke Kentalis: an education and care provider in the Netherlands with over 225 years of experience in providing innovative solutions for individuals with hearing and communication challenges.
• Kentalis International Foundation: falls under the organization “Stichting Koninklijke Kentalis” as a subsidiary with legal personality and offers courses, services and products to clients’ participants via the online learning environment.
• Client: a company, institution, or other organizational stakeholders that purchases a course, service, or product from Kentalis International Foundation for a group of participants.
• Participant: an individual that is using or participating in courses, programs or products from Kentalis International Foundation, purchased by a client.
• Online learning: courses or training with online modules and online interactive meetings with instructor.
• Online learning environment: the electronic learning environment (can be found on https://e-learning.kentalis.com) where each participant receives access to an account and where the participant can find online and digital course material as well as his/her study history.
• Course: modules, programs or other forms of education by Kentalis International Foundation.
• Service: coaching, advice, or consulting by Kentalis International Foundation.
• Product: products made available by Kentalis International Foundation such as brochures, apps, videos, and other documentation.
• Course material: educational or instructional resources, assignments, documentation, or any other form of material that is used as part of a course.
• Module: grouping of multiple lessons.
• Program: a series of modules that Kentalis International Foundation offers to a client.
• Course fee: the cost of an online course for a participant, charged to the client.
Article 2 - Kentalis
Kentalis International Foundation is part of Stichting Koninklijke Kentalis as a subsidiary with legal personality. Kentalis' mission is to create a world where everyone has the right to communicate and participate fully in all aspects of life. For more information, you can visit www.kentalis.com.
Article 3 - Applicability
1. The terms and conditions govern the use of the online learning environment, insofar as these conditions do not deviate from the provisions as set out in article 3, paragraph 3.
2. By participating in a course and/or ordering a product or service, the participant declares that he/she has read the terms and conditions and accepts their applicability.
Article 4 – Registration
1. Registration of the client’s participants for online learning will take place after (1) signing a binding agreement between the client and Kentalis International Foundation about the overall project collaboration, agreed activities and project budget and (2) payment of the course fee by the client.
2. Kentalis International Foundation will contact participants directly for registration. Participants can also contact Kentalis International Foundation directly.
3. Upon registration, the participant will be granted access to the online course materials for the duration of the course.
4. Kentalis International Foundation reserves the right to revoke a participant's access to the online e-learning environment if their behavior is deemed inappropriate, including but not limited to behavior that violates cultural or sexual misconduct or is discriminatory towards other participants or staff.
5. In order to participate in the online courses, participants must have access to a laptop, desktop computer, or smart device with internet connectivity and a browser that is compatible with our e-learning environment.
6. The participant acknowledges that it is possible to download content to their own device for offline access, but that Kentalis International Foundation is (1) the original copyright holder of the downloaded content unless stated otherwise and is (2) not responsible for any damage, or loss and cost of (mobile) data that may occur as a result of downloading or using the content.
Article 5 – Cancellation
1. If the number of participants for a particular online course is lower than the minimum required number, Kentalis International Foundation is free to agree with the client that the course in question will be taken at a different date and/or time. Kentalis International Foundation will communicate any changes in the course date or time through e-mail to the participants.
2. Prior to the initiation of a course, the participant has the right to cancel the course only in case of serious illness or calamity, whereby Kentalis International Foundation may require proof thereof in the form of a medical certificate or otherwise. The medical attestation will in principle be provided by the attending physician and will in any case indicate (1) the identity and capacity of the person providing the attestation, (2) the identity of the person concerned for whom the access is to be paused or terminated, (3) the cause of the unfitness of this person to follow/receive the training or service and (4) the probable duration of the unfitness.
3. Cancellation by participant for other reasons than noted in article 5 paragraph 2 are not eligible for refund to the client and may result in not receiving a certificate or certificate of attendance for the participant in question, depending on the attendance criteria of the course.
4. All cancellations by participants must be received in writing by the client and Kentalis International Foundation via email@example.com.
5. If a Kentalis trainer, advisor or assessor cannot execute a training activity due to illness, Kentalis International Foundation will - if possible - provide replacement. If replacement proves impossible, Kentalis International Foundation will inform the client and participants as soon as possible and propose alternative dates when the training or service in question will still be offered.
Article 6 – Certification
1. When all requirements of the program have been met and (if applicable) the exam/test has been completed with a passing grade, the participant of a program receives a certificate or certificate of attendance.
2. A certificate or certificate of attendance will be issued once the conditions of paragraph 1 of this article are met and when the costs of the training have been paid by the client.
3. In addition to meeting the requirements outlined in paragraph 1 of this article, participants may be required to fulfill certain attendance or performance criteria in order to receive a certificate or certificate of attendance. These criteria will be communicated to participants prior to the start of the program or course, and may include a minimum number of sessions or hours attended, a minimum passing grade on exams or assignments, or completion of specific projects or activities.
4. The certificate or certificate of attendance will include the participant’s first name, surname and date of the program or course, the number of hours or credits completed (if applicable), and any other relevant information as determined by Kentalis International Foundation. The certificate or certificate of attendance may be issued in a physical or digital format.
5. Kentalis International Foundation will make every effort to ensure that participants understand the requirements for receiving a certificate or certificate of attendance, as well as the format and content of the certificate or certificate of attendance. Any questions or concerns regarding certification should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article 7 – Course fee and payment
1. Payment is part of the binding agreement signed between the client and Kentalis International Foundation. Individual participants are not expected to pay for an online course, service or product nor do we accept payments from individuals.
2. The cost of each online course, service or product and the method of payment is listed in the agreement between client and Kentalis International Foundation and is to be paid by the client.
3. Client’s participants will not receive any course materials or been given access to the online courses before the completion of the payment/installment by the client.
Article 8 – Legitimation
1. When registering for training, the client’s participants are required to provide their correct first name and surname as stated in a valid identification document.
2. Each participant attending an online course is obliged to confirm his/her/their attendance during the meetings of the training course by either (1) participant signing an (online) attendance list or (2) timecode of login on the online learning platform.
Article 9 – Liability Kentalis International Foundation
1. In the event that Kentalis International Foundation is liable for damages to the client or to the participants of a training course, liability, regardless of the basis of liability, is in all cases limited to direct damages (liability for indirect damages - such as, for example, consequential damages, damages for delays, loss of profits and lost sales - is therefore excluded) and to the loss covered and paid out by insurance(s).
2. Kentalis International Foundation is not liable for damage to property of the client or participants of a training course.
3. Kentalis International Foundation is in no way liable for damages of any kind resulting from (any) incorrect or incomplete application of information, recommendations, advice and materials provided in connection with the training, product or service. This includes: the information, recommendations and advice provided by the teacher or through the educational materials, brochures or any other work resulting from or related to a course.
4. Kentalis International Foundation is not liable if a participant does not comply with the (safety) instructions.
5. The limitation of liability described in this article also extends to all persons for whom Kentalis International Foundation is responsible (such as persons employed by Kentalis International Foundation or appointed by Kentalis International Foundation for the execution of the agreement).
6. The limitations of liability mentioned in this article do not apply if the damage is due to intent or gross negligence of Kentalis International Foundation or persons for whom Kentalis International Foundation is responsible.
Article 10 – Confidentiality
Kentalis International Foundation, its staff and/or persons working for Kentalis International Foundation will treat the information provided by the client or participants as confidential. Kentalis International Foundation complies with applicable privacy legislation.
Article 11 – Registration of personal data
Kentalis International Foundation processes personal data provided by clients or participants in accordance with the Stichting Koninklijke Kentalis privacy statement. Participant data is provided to third parties if agreed with the privacy statement. The client guarantees that data subjects whose personal data is provided have been informed about the processing of their data by Kentalis International Foundation.
For Kentalis International Foundation, the purpose of registering personal data is to systematically record, store and make available data for the purpose of:
1. performing all activities related to enrollment in and participation in training or delivery of (online) products;
2. fulfilling requests for information from Kentalis International Foundation and the client;
3. performing analyses and research with anonymized data to improve the (online) services of Kentalis International Foundation. The participant can object if this is undesirable.
Article 12 – Security, safeguarding and disposal
Kentalis International Foundation has taken the necessary measures to promote the physical, technical and organizational security of personal and confidential data so that its records are protected against unauthorized consultation, provision, alteration and/or deletion of data as well as against fire and similar dangers, burglary and theft.
Kentalis International Foundation shall ensure that it complies with the provisions of these regulations for as long as they remain in force, taking into account what is provided in the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
Personal and confidential data will be retained, as long as needed, for the purposes indicated or for as long as required by law. If circumstances warrant, Kentalis International Foundation may keep the data longer.
Article 13 – Right of inspection and modification
Article 14 – Intellectual property rights
1. All intellectual property rights, including copyright, pertaining to the (educational) materials provided and compiled by Kentalis International Foundation belong to Kentalis International Foundation, unless stated otherwise. No part of these publications may be reproduced and/or published without written permission from Kentalis International Foundation.
2. Kentalis International Foundation respects the intellectual property rights of others and incorporates materials from others only with permission or with the correct copyright claims.
3. The client warrants that drawings, models, materials or other works provided to Kentalis International Foundation by him or by participants for whose benefit the training was taken do not infringe or violate any intellectual property rights of third parties.
4. The participant has to give his/her consent to use images/photos/videos made during the training, drawings, models, materials or other works provided to Kentalis International Foundation, for communication or educational purposes of Kentalis International Foundation. If the participant does not give consent, the images/videos will not be used.
Article 15 – Modification of terms and conditions
Kentalis International Foundation reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions at any time, without prior notice. It is the participant's responsibility to review the terms and conditions periodically to ensure that they are aware of any changes that may affect their agreement with Kentalis International Foundation.
Article 16 – Disputes
1. The terms and conditions is governed by Dutch law.
2. Disputes between the participant and Kentalis International Foundation concerning the execution of online courses, services and products can be brought by both parties to a Dutch court.
3. For all information on disputes and complaints, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- We monitor student accounts for facilitation with their learning plan and do research to enhance your learning experience
- Account have a maximum of 6 months (unless stated otherwise)
- Account will be removed after 6 months (unless stated otherwise) or after inactivity for three months.
Full policyVersion 1.3
Updated on: 13 December 2023
At Kentalis, we respect your privacy. In our relationship with you, we work on the basis of mutual trust. That is why we make every effort to live up to this trust and to protect your personal information. With this Privacy Statement, we are clarifying what information we collect in order to provide you with good information and education on the website https://e-learning.kentalis.com. How we protect your personal information and what your rights are can be read in this statement.
- When we talk about Kentalis in this statement, we refer to Royal Kentalis as well as Kentalis International Foundation. Kentalis International Foundation is a subsidiary of Royal Kentalis.
- When we talk about the online learning environment, we refer to this website: https://e-learning.kentalis.com. This is the e-learning platform of Kentalis International Foundation for education and care professionals working in the Global South.
How do we protect your privacy?Kentalis complies with privacy laws and regulations. Our employees are bound by external and internal rules of conduct and work in accordance with the mandatory and customary quality safeguards of our field. In addition, we secure the data that we collect from you. This also applies to the organizations we work with that use your personal data. We make clear agreements with them with regard to proper security.
We need the data that we collect from you in order to provide you with quality courses, information, and materials. The type of collected data, what we do with it, and how long we keep it is recorded in a processing register.
How does Kentalis handle your data?We treat your data with care in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, in Dutch: AVG). This privacy statement tells you more about how we do this.
What personal data do we collect when you enroll for a course?When you are enrolled by a client for a course on our online learning platform, we require certain data to process your registration and create an account for you. To create an account, we will need your first name, family name, e-mail address, and country. This data helps us personalize our experience and it is necessary to execute the agreement you have entered with us by registering for a course.
Your personal account records various aspects of your learning journey, including study progress, homework, activities, history, and certificates obtained.
Active and inactive accounts and the removal of accountsOur e-learning platform processes accounts in three different labels.
1. Active account
An account that has been registered and paid for by the client will be labeled as 'active', enabling access to the online e-learning platform for up to 6 months. This status is maintained by logging in and following courses on the platform.
2. Inactive account
Your account will be marked as 'inactive' if you haven't logged in for 3 months. Inactive still allows you to log in to the e-learning platform. Once labeled as 'inactive', you will receive multiple emails over a 6-month period, urging you to log in to the online platform to change your status back to 'active'. If you fail to log in and your account remains inactive for a total of 6 months (the initial 3 months plus an additional 3 months of inactivity), your account will be automatically deleted as per our policy regarding account removal.
3. Account removal
- All accounts (active or inactive) will automatically be removed after 6 months of registration, unless the account is renewed for another period (see 'Renewal of Account').
- All ‘inactive’ accounts will be removed after 3 months of inactivity.
If at any time you wish to have your data removed, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Removal Data Account" and include your first and family name in the email.
Two weeks before your account is due to be removed, you will receive an email reminding you to renew your account or retrieve any certificates from the online e-learning platform.
Please note that once an account has been removed, it is no longer possible to access the e-learning platform or retrieve any previous data, including certificates or results. If you create a new account using the same email address as before, after the removal, you will not be able to retrieve any of your past results.
Renewal of accountsPlease note that as of this time, individual users are not able to renew their accounts on our e-learning platform. We only allow organizations and companies (clients of Kentalis International Foundation) to renew their accounts with us. If you are an individual user whose account has expired, we encourage you to seek out an organization or company that may be willing to renew your account on your behalf.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your account renewal, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com.
Privacy and online classesSome courses in our online learning environment have scheduled online classes with a Kentalis teacher/expert. During the execution of these online classes, we pay close attention to the safety and protection of your personal data. We regulate this in part by using good ICT applications. However, our own behavior is the most important guarantee of safety. All Kentalis professionals that implement training activities for Kentalis International Foundation sign a code of conduct.
Photo, video, and audio materialIn online training activities, it may be necessary to record lectures or take screenshots for educational or quality purposes, or for publishing on websites or other media. We will only request separate advance permission from you if you are being visually recorded. The decision to grant consent is entirely yours, and you can withdraw it at any time. If you withdraw your consent and you are identifiable in a screenshot, video, or photo, we will permanently delete that material or make sure that you are not identifiable.
Course feedbackEach module in a course ends with an optional anonymous feedback form in the online learning environment. Provided data that cannot be traced back to an individual may be used by Kentalis International Foundation for quality improvement and/or PR purposes.
Securing dataPrivacy legislation requires Kentalis to secure the personal data that we process (or have processed). In compliance with the legal obligation, Kentalis takes appropriate technical and organizational measures that ensure a level of protection appropriate to the risk. Kentalis applies an information security policy for this purpose.
Collecting data from or providing data to third partiesIn order to support and improve the online learning environment, we collect data on users’ progress that may be used for research purposes. We will gather information that cannot be linked to any individual learner (learning progress, time on assignments, answers on feedback, etc.) and will be used to gain insights that can enhance the learning experience for all users. For maintaining the online learning environment, we cooperate with third parties. Kentalis and these collaborating parties are and remain responsible for processing this (special) personal data, and together we ensure that your privacy is guaranteed.
Use of Moodle’s Data AnalyticsKentalis uses Moodle Workplace, which comes with its own built-in analytics, which enables administrators to track and analyze various aspects of the e-learning platform. By utilizing analytics, administrators can gain insights into user behavior, course effectiveness, system performance, and user needs. With this data, administrators can improve the quality of courses, optimize the learning experience for learners, and make data-driven decisions to enhance the Moodle Workplace platform.
Our Moodle Workplace runs on a server from Avetica, a premium Moodle partner. Kentalis signed a data processing agreement with Avetica in February 2023.
Access, correction, and transfer of your data
When Kentalis processes your personal data on the basis of your given consent, you can at any time withdraw the given consent.
You have the right to ask what personal data Kentalis processes from you. We will respond to such a request within one month; this is the statutory response period. Under certain circumstances, this response period can be extended to two months (art. 12 par 3 GDPR). If there are inaccuracies in the data known to us, they can be corrected on request, free of charge. This entails situations where the personal data is outdated, incomplete, or incorrect. The right to have personal data removed applies if it is believed that the personal data may no longer be used by Kentalis or if this data is used unlawfully. Kentalis will assess a request for the deletion of personal data. A request can be denied for example if Kentalis has legitimate interests to process the data or if Kentalis is legally obliged to process/keep the personal data. Under certain circumstances, you can ask Kentalis to restrict the processing of your personal data, for example in case the personal data processed is incorrect. This will prevent mistakes from being made by Kentalis continuing to work with incorrect personal data during this period.
You can request this at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Furthermore, you have the right to request your data - as they are recorded in our administration with your permission or following the agreement – and in some cases to transfer them to another institution that will process your personal data. This concerns your personal data that have been digitally processed by us.
ObjectionYou have the right to object to the further processing of your personal data at any given time. Kentalis will then immediately stop processing your personal data. You can email this objection to email@example.com.
ComplaintsDo you have a complaint about how Kentalis handles your personal data? Please contact our Data Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Kentalis Data Privacy Officer will address your complaint as soon as possible.
If you are not satisfied with Kentalis' handling of your complaint, you can contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Changes or modifications
Kentalis may modify this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect our current privacy practices. When changes are made, we will revise the "updated" date at the beginning of this statement. Any changes to the processing of personal data as described in this Privacy Statement affecting you will be communicated through an email notification.
Questions or information
Do you have more questions about how we handle your privacy? Please contact us at:
Data Privacy Officer
P.O. Box 7
5270 BA St-Michielsgestel